October 17, 2008

Dr Appt #12 - Just a matter of time...


Well, we haven't had the baby yet but we did have our 39 week appointment today. Our regular Friday doctor wasn't there and her normal sub was out sick so we met yet another doctor and he was very nice and not as rushed as the others. My blood pressure was back to normal, the baby's heart rate was great and I'm measuring 41 (not unusual for me or baby!).

From feeling from the outside he said that the baby was still high up but he did an internal and I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced so progress is being made. He did a sweep of the membrane which can increase the chance of me going into labour in the next 24 hours by 15%. I thought it was worth a shot, we are ready for this baby!

I haven't had any contractions but have been feeling crampy the last few days - the nurse thought that was a very good sign of things happening.

Send labour thoughts toward Calgary for us! We will let everyone know when we are in labour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment