August 28, 2012

Run, Mummy, Run!

We met up with our old baby group this weekend for a picnic/beach day at a lake in Calgary.
Most of the "babies" made it - they are all little kids now!  We hadn't seen them in a year.
It was a pretty chilly morning but the kids still wanted to swim.  Cara is checking out some little fish in the lake.
Gwen on the sand.
Sunday Mummy had her first 5k race!
We were all up early to get to the starting line.
Crossing the finish line!
Chip time was actually 37:24.  My training was interrupted by illness for 3 weeks but I did accomplish my goal of running most of the way.
 Nana and Pepper came to see me at the finish and Uncle Jamie arrived the night before the race so he came to watch his big sister run run run!
And of course my biggest supporters Adam and the girls were there cheering me on!
A great first race day!
Not only did I run in a real race but I won a sweet prize in the raffle!  A fancy dinner for two at a swanky restaurant!


2 comments:

  1. You deserve a Gold Medal! The 5k run is a great accomplishment! Bravo!
    Between Cara checking out the little fish and Gwen building sand castles the girls look like they are very proud of their marathon-running Mama! -- Grampy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run, Mary, Run! Whoot whoot!
    So proud :)
    XO The McIntyre's

    ReplyDelete