November 26, 2012

California 2012 - The Monkees Concert - Dreams Do Come True - Day 7 Part 2

 ***Monkees Post***Monkees Post***

This is Day 7 - Part 2. 

Day 7 - Part 1 (Safari Park) is here.

 The Monkees started their 12 city reunion tour in Escondido on November 8 2012.
I have been a fan since the early 90s when the TV show was on Much Music every day.  I really never thought I'd get to see them in concert ever so when they announced the tour and the dates worked for the trip to California anyway and they were playing in the same town where the McGinns live it just had to happen!
 The tickets were my birthday present.
Awesome seats - first balcony, first row centre.
With the telephoto lens I got some great shots of the old guys.
 Mike
 Peter
 Micky
 (no Davy - he died in February)
 Singing "Sweet Young Thing"
"Sunny Girlfriend"
 "Mary Mary"
"Mary Mary"
 "Randy Scouse Git"

 "Daily Nightly"

 "Tapioca Tundra"
 "Circle Sky"
 "What Am I Doin Hangin Round?"

"Listen to the Band"
 "Listen to the Band"

The big finale:
 "Pleasant Valley Sunday"







 It was such a great concert.  The guys sounded great - Mike's songs are my favs and there were lots of them!
Special thanks to Jill and Mark for babysitting and driving us to the concert :) And to my great husband for getting me the tickets and going with me!

The next day was the big trip home and most importantly Gwen's 2nd Birthday!!!

2 comments: